Sunday, June 17, 2012

No photo, no running

6/16
Woke up at a normal time today. Enjoyed the hostel buffet and set to find deodorant and body wash. By 1230 I had went to around 7 stores and was unsuccessful in finding deodorant. It is really hard to come by in Europe I guess. I finally found some that is really different as they don't really carry stick deodorant around here.
 I walked around on the longest pedestrian street in the world and saw the craziest street performers. I have never seen such unique and well done performances on the street, very high budget haha. At 1 I went on a 4 hour bike tour that was free with the hostel. I tried to talk to everyone in the group because our group was so diverse. Our first stop was Christiana. It is such crazy place. The area has about 1000 citizens and it is known for the green light district where people can buy weed freely. Inside this walled area, their was the coolest artwork, housing, and craziest people. It is pretty much is a hippie village. The restaurant's on the inside look so good, yet dirty at the same time. No photos and no running is allowed but I would love to take pictures in there. I guess you can't run because everyone is paranoid and will think the cops are coming. We later saw the Lil' mermaid, queen's castle, and some other good architecture. At each stop we would take a shot of some shitty jager-like liquor. When we got back our group watched the poland v czech republic game with some polish guys. The night spiraled out of control and we stayed up till 7 am... Forgot to add that Mick came at night and he ended up almost getting arrested when he walked to his hostel late night.

No comments:

Post a Comment